Use Plastic Bag to Help Put Lace Curtain on Rod

A simple plastic bag can make hanging lace curtains much less of a hassle. Before sliding a curtain rod through the rod pocket in lace curtains, cover the end of the rod with a small plastic bag. The bag will help the rod glide smoothly through the lace, as opposed to trying to slide a "naked" rod through and dealing with unhooking the curtain every time it catches on the edges of the rod.

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

Thanks for that idea.

This is the same idea but you could also use a piece of plastic wrap doubled up a couple times on the end.

Also, if you have the rods that fit into each other, one end is "finished." Slide the curtain onto that side, place the two together and slide the curtain back over the both of them to fit.

This is a great idea, I wish I had known it when Grandma had us change the curtains in every room fall and spring. What a lot of work. Thanks for the tip!

Yay, I have had this problem for years. Now, when I change my lacey curtains I will use this idea. How I always struggled with this and now thanks to your submission, I can do it easily and quickly.

Thank you!

Thanks for the great idea!

Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Home and Garden Home Improvement WindowsNovember 20, 2009
Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
Curtains on a metal curtain rod.
Putting Curtains on a Curtain Rod
Curtain Rod
Installing a Curtain Rod
Cleaning Lace Curtains
Cleaning Lace Curtains
🎉
🎄