What can I do with old magazines?

What can you do with magazines besides crafts? I don't do arts and crafts. Can they be donated to any organizations? Shame to throw them away. Some I don't even get a chance to read.

Joan from NJ

I volunteer at a charity resale shop once a week. We sale recent and timeless ones (ex. cooking and home repair mags) that are donated to us. Usually the rest get tossed though.

I am sure you can always recycle them as well!!

My local library accepts donated magazines. If they are less than 3 months old, they'll put on the rack to be checked out. If they are older than that, they'll sell them at a reduced price. I just make sure I cut out or otherwise remove my name and address label first.

You can donate them to hospitals,dr's & dental surgeries, nursing homes,pre-schools & kindagardens for there craft days,libraries,some cafes and your local op shops like Red Cross & anywhere people have to wait for their appointments. Make sure all personal details are removed. I hope this helps you.

schools use them for crafts. ask a teacher if they are wanted.

medical clinics

hospitals

nursing homes

beauty shops

make sure you take your name and address off first

This is what I do. I keep 2 Brown Paper Bags in my Garage. One is for Magazines that will be Recycled. The other Paper Bag is for a Nursing Home that is nearby. Every month, I go through my old magazines that I will give to the Nursing Home & 1) Cut out my Name & Address and 2) Mark on each one the Month and Year that I received them. The Nursing Home Folks love to see me coming through their doors with my Paper Bag full of Magazines and Catalogs that I know other's will enjoy! It's my way of giving to those who are in a Nursing Home.

freecycle.org

you sign up by where you live.

People post things they want to give away

The whole idea is that someone can use things that are still good and shouldn't fill landfills

Take them to a nursing home, a hospital waiting room, doc or dentist office,a library bookstore or call your local alementary school and see if any teacher want them for crafts, collages, etc.

I often take my older magazies to the library...or to a nursing home or assisted living home...I also call some teacher friends and ask if they can use any for class projects...hope this helps, deb

i would check with your local elementary schools and communtiy centers.

first see if the library might want them. if not how about an elementary school or even a welfare office, doctors's office. etc.

One other place that could use reading material is the shelter for abused women. They appreciate anything to get their minds off their ordeals. Often they will have children with them ranging in age from infants to teens. Any time you have an opportunity to salvage kids' magazines this is the place that really needs them.

Possibly sell them on ebay. Check closed auctions on ebay. Some older magazines will sell.

You can check with the jail in your town. They may take them for the inmates to read. They will not however take any hardback books.

You might donate them to a senior citizen clubhouse, or drop some off at a dentist/doctor's office. Might donate them to a church for their rummage sale or to an organization like The Elks Lodge for an upcoming yard sale to make money for gift baskets for the needy. Just be sure to cut off your magazine's subscription tag with your address on it.

When I was a teen, for something "to do", I cut out pictures from magazines and decopaged a metal trash can using the magazine photos. I used it for many years. Just a thought.

Look for your local FREECycle organization. In my area it is done by zip code. You can find Free cycle in the groups area of yahoo.com. OR simply type freecycle.org. It is a GREAT concept. You are trying to rid of stuff and someone else might like it for free - they come and get it. Saves the landfills.

I usually leave them at a laundramat. The people there are sometimes bored while waiting on their laundry to finish washing and drying, and they can take them home with them. They are always gone in no time.

Uses for Old Magazines
Uses for Old Magazines
Better Living Green Living Recycling PaperOctober 16, 2006
Mr. and Mrs. SantaMade From Reader's Digest Magazines
Mr. and Mrs. Santa Made from Reader's Digest Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Stack of Magazines
Saving Money on Magazines
Christmas bows made from magazines.
Making Bows From Magazines
🎉
🎄