Shaving the Bikini Area

When I shave my bikini line I get little red bumps. I've tried wax but that hurts too much. Does anyone have any tips?

By Lil L from Winnipeg, MB

Use Nair or other hair removal cream. Works like a charm without the rash.

The rule of thumb is to shave in the same direction of the hair growth. Usually in the bikini area the hair grows from you know where slightly down and out towards your outer upper thighs. If you shave in that direction you will rarely get a rash or breakout. Also, I found that using a mild soap lather rather than shaving cream greatly reduces possible irritation along with letting the soap lather soften/moisturize the area for a minute or two before shaving.

Ask any man, especially those who use razor blades on their face, and the majority will concur ;-)

I have the same problem, when you get out of the shower, put rubbing alchohol where you shaved. It burns like fire but works wonderfully.

Use witch hazel, it does not burn as bad as alcohol does. Also you should try using nair hair remover. I use razors and I also use nair hair remover. Nair does a wonderful job, it just smell bad. I seldom use the razors, when I have lots of time!

A pink razor.
Shaving Your Bikini Area
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ShavingFebruary 11, 2010
A woman shaving her legs.
Tips for Shaving Your Legs
Shaving Cream on Black
Cleaning With Shaving Cream
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs