Tips for Shaving Your Legs

Category Shaving
Shaving your legs can leave you with nicks, cuts, and irritation. This is a guide about tips for shaving your legs.

If you find the different types of shaving cream for your legs to be expensive, try using some baby oil on your legs. Your legs will be soft and smooth and it also will help protect them from nicks.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I recently discovered that when I'm in the shower and have my hair all lathered up, that I can just use the lather from my hair to soap up my legs for shaving. Works like a charm!

By Marie from GA

The tubes of after-color conditioning treatment that comes in at-home hair coloring makes a great 'shave lotion' for your legs and underarms. Be sure you aren't allergic first! And watch out, the tub/shower could be slippery.

By Angie from Bham, AL

Save money on shaving gels and lotions by using hair conditioner to shave your legs. This is a guide about using hair conditioner for shaving your legs.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about shaving legs with sensitive skin. Your choice of shave cream and razors can help leave your leg skin healthy, silky and smooth.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about removing hair from your legs. Shaving is the most common way to remove hair on legs, but there are a few other ways that may work better for you.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Tips and advice for shaving your legs. Post your ideas.

Answers

Best Answer

When shaving your legs use baby oil rather than shaving foam and you will get a 'closer shave' and have silky soft legs!

Anonymous
Best Answer

My husband and I like using green aloe vera gel instead of shaving creams that are messy and drying to the skin. Aloe keeps skin soft and moisturized, and alot of dollar stores carry this, so you will be saving money to spend on other goodies!

Best Answer

I use men's razors, because they tend to work better than women's. Also, my best friend got me into using conditioner instead of shaving cream, and I swear, it works sooo well! Make sure to buy it from the dollar store, since it will work the same way as the more expensive stuff (at least on your legs), and you won't have to buy the really good stuff that you use for your hair just to shave your legs.

I have extremely sensitive skin. Whenever I shave my legs never get smooth and they break out. I've tried all different kinds of lotions and baby oil to keep my legs moisturized but nothing works. My legs always burn and itch after shaving. Help! I want smooth legs that don't hurt!

Meghan from Jacksonville, FL

Answers

I have sensitive skin too and the best thing I've found for shaving my legs is hair conditioner! It's cheap, goes on smooth, and leaves your legs smooth with no bumps or itching afterwards. Try it...I think you'll like it. Just use the cheapest conditioner you can find. They all work the same for shaving.

I too have extremely sensitive skin. I have best of luck with Intuition razors by Shick.

I have tried using hair conditioner as a shave cream with other brand razors, but I am allergic to preservatives in hair conditioners. Since I cannot use them on my hair, I am hesitant to use them on my legs.

Also, I cannot use moisturizing lotions as I am allergic to the preservatives in them. One of the preservatives is methylparaben and that is in almost everything!

With my skin, I have learned the hard way that "less is more." Use less products on your skin.

Anonymous

I also use Schick Intuition razors (for sensitive skin) and because they have built-in conditioning/cream and self adjusting/swivel triple blades you don't need shave cream, conditioner, etc and you'll never nick yourself with them nor end up with a rash or ingrowns :-) Once you try them you'll never want to use anything else ever :-)

Have you mentioned this to your doctor? My daughter always thought her shaving problems were just sensitive skin then while trying to solve some other issues she mentioned how her legs would always bleed when she shaved. She didn't cut herself, her skin was just so sensitive that the pores would actually bleed a little bit. Turns out she had some kind of hormonal imbalance and that was one of the more uncommon side effects. If that isn't the issue, try Chi Chi Cream, it works wonders for avoiding razor burn.

This may seem strange coming from a guy. An old one, at that! I've been prescribed thigh-length compression hose to contain or prevent additional damage caused by a blood clot. I'm to wear it on my left leg during the day and do without at night, when I'm not on my feet.
I've found that an after-effect is the elastic hose somehow "rubs" off the hair. Maybe this can work for the ladies too, if they can find and wear different types of support hose while they sleep.
I'd surely like to know if it works for others.

I use an electric razor. You might want to try that, as it is not as hard on the skin as a razor blade.

You may want to apply lotion before you even get in shave. Another thing is it is best to shave after
you have had a bit of exercise. I have always used a dab or two of hair conditioner on my legs before shaving
instead of shaving creams. Good luck

Out of shaving cream? Let baby oil fill in. It'll lubricate the razor, keep stubs standing up for a clean shave, and won't dry out sensitive skin, as will soap or shaving cream.

By Joesgirl

Answers:

Shaving Cream Substitute

You can also use half shampoo and half conditioner mixed together for shaving! (03/16/2005)

By smathis123