Memorable Mother's Day

My most memorable Mother's Day was in 1994. Our family had left for Japan as missionaries in early March of that year, and in April we received a phone call that my mom was in the hospital. She had just been diagnosed with advanced cancer, and it wasn't known whether she would live even a few weeks. I returned to North Carolina; my sister (who was in South Africa with her family as missionaries) returned to North Carolina; my brother drove in, and my oldest sister lived there. We spent a couple of weeks there with my mom. Thankfully, radiation treatment gave her several good months before her Homegoing the following February.

Anyway, on Mother's Day, the four of us "kids" were able to spend the time with our mom; the first Mother's Day we had all been together with her in 25 years! My own children sent me Mother's Day wishes via fax from Japan! They were lower elementary age at the time, so their notes and drawings were, and still are, very special to me. I'm so thankful for all that my dear mother taught me, and I am trying to pass along to my children the same values.

Glowgirl

I don't have a memorable mother's day but I want to say the best gift my children give me is all of them being together at my home

not only for mother's day but any day

Mom and Kids Celebrating Mother's Day
Celebrating Mother's Day
Holidays and Parties Mothers Day MiscellaneousMay 11, 2007
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Mother's Day Card
Mother's Day Craft Ideas
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
🎉
🎄