Clothing Dye Stained Washer Drum

I used RIT dye to dye a shirt black and now my washing machine is stained black. How do you I get it out? Please help, my washing machine is only a year old.

By Jodi from deWitt, IA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Run a washer full of hot water, detergent, and a cup of chlorine bleach. Do not put in any clothes. The dye packages usually tell you to do this right after dying something. It's possible that all the dye won't come out if it's been awhile since you dyed your clothes.

I would also fill the washer with strong bleach water and turn off the machine to let it set if it's that bad. Have you any soiled shop rags, outdoor mats or such? Put them in the washer making use of the wash cycle when soaking time is over.

Is the dye coming off on to other clothes when you wash them since you did the dyeing? Not trying to be mean but if that's not happening I can't help but wonder why it would really matter that there is a stain inside of a washing machine?

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersNovember 28, 2010
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Washing Machine
Cleaning Fabric Dye from Inside a Washer
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 4:57:56 PM on 10.0.0.214 in 414 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.