Cleaning Stains from a Washer Drum

Category Appliances
Clothing dyes and other products can leave stains on your washer drum. This is a guide about removing stains from a washer drum.

This is a guide about cleaning hard water stains in a washing machine drum. Hard water can leave deposits on the tub of your washing machine.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

How do you get rid of honey mustard stain in the dryer? I have tried diluted bleach and soapy water. I removed a little, but there is a stubborn section that I can not remove.

Does anyone have suggestions?

You can try mixing some washing soda and water together to make a paste. Use a soft bristle brush and the paste to scrub the stain.

If this doesn't work you can mix equal parts of baking soda and ammonia. I would suggest using gloves and a mask because of the closed area you are working in. Make a paste with the two ingredients and apply to the surface. Let it sit on the surface. Afterwards, mix equal parts of ammonia and water. Spray this on the surface and scrub with a soft brush. After you've finished, clean the area with water to remove the chemicals.

My blue jeans left a blue stain on the inside of my laundry drum. How can I get rid of it?

Beth from Riverview

Try running an empty load in your washer with several cups of bleach. The bleach should remove the dye, and the rinse cycle will insure no leftover bleach is there for your next load.