Drying Hair Without Getting Tired

I am only 42 but for 10 years I have been disabled with Multiple Sclerosis which can cause high fatigue, even when it comes to drying your hair. I use a car shammy (chamois) instead of a towel to absorb the moisture from my hair so I don't tire out by blow drying a long time. The elderly will benefit from this as well.

By Katherine from Port Hope, Ontario, Canada

I like this idea for use on my daughter's hair. If I got out most of the moisture first then I wouldn't have to spend as long drying it. She is a real wiggle-worm and doesn't want to stand still very long for me to get her hair dry at night.

Great idea! I think this will be great since I have very thick hair and bad shoulders!

i use paper towels to dry my hair an my puppy hair saves on wash so many towels

You might want to purchase a floorstand that holds your dryer. You can sit or stand while using this type device.

I wash my hair the night before and let it air dry overnight. I towel out moisture, put in mousse, and then a hairband to push the hair away from my face and give the top a bit of height.

When it dries, I comb it over in a side part - If I put my fingers through my hair while it's drying, I can also "style" it and then even put the damp ends over a round brush to curl the ends under.

Air drying whenever possible is better for your hair's condition, too.

If you have to use a hair dryer, sit down or bend over and dry your hair that way - gives it more body it you do it upside down.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips TipsFebruary 3, 2006
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
A pile of dried apple slices.
Drying Apples
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink