Drying Hair Tips and Tricks

Category Hair Care
Whether you use a hair dryer, a towel or let it air dry, your method of drying can make a difference in the health and manageability of your hair.

I am only 42 but for 10 years I have been disabled with Multiple Sclerosis which can cause high fatigue, even when it comes to drying your hair. I use a car shammy (chamois) instead of a towel to absorb the moisture from my hair so I don't tire out by blow drying a long time. The elderly will benefit from this as well.

By Katherine from Port Hope, Ontario, Canada

Top Comment

You might want to purchase a floorstand that holds your dryer. You can sit or stand while using this type device.

By pam (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I wash my hair the night before and let it air dry overnight. I towel out moisture, put in mousse, and then a hairband to push the hair away from my face and give the top a bit of height.

When it dries, I comb it over in a side part - If I put my fingers through my hair while it's drying, I can also "style" it and then even put the damp ends over a round brush to curl the ends under.

Air drying whenever possible is better for your hair's condition, too.

If you have to use a hair dryer, sit down or bend over and dry your hair that way - gives it more body it you do it upside down.

Although it may save you some time, you don't actually need a blow dryer to dry your hair quickly. My favourite method of a quick dry uses a big soft t-shirt. This isn't only great for saving on electricity, it also saves your hair by not allowing it any heat damage. It also leaves your hair quite shiny. As you can see by my photos, I colour treat my hair, so this is a huge help to fight any frizz.

Squeeze as much water as you can before you step out the shower. Separate your wet hair into small segments. Put your hand inside the t-shirt and grab a strand, starting from the roots, which will be the most damp. Very gently squeeze the strand working your way downward. When the t-shirt feels wet, move over to a dry section and repeat with the rest of your hair. Use your fingers to continually fluff your roots to get air into them, which will cause the hair to dry all the faster. I like to do all this while sitting in the sun. :)

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Hair CareAugust 11, 2019
🎂
🌻
🎃