Mixing Lipstick Colors

A few months ago, I purchased 2 shades of lipstick. After being home and able to try them, I realized that I didn't prefer those colors after all. After having tried to return them for my money back, it was too late. My first intuition was to give them to someone who might want them. But what I ended up doing was mixing them. I put on the light colored lipstick first and top with the darker lipstick. This was the color I was looking for in the first place!

I've saved used lipstick containers; lined them with a small piece of parchment paper. Then I put a small glass container into a pan with a little boiling water in it--to mimic a small double boiler. I add the leftover insides of used tubes of lipstick, any shades that are too light or dark, and maybe some lipgloss to make it more transparent; melt them together. Add more or less to get any shade you like, and pour into the lined tubes. Cool, remove the parchment paper, and you have custom blended lipsticks. I ended up with eight "new" tubes of a color that I absolutely love.

Love this idea! I'm assuming that you twist the lipstick up all of the way to remove the parchment paper, after it cools. Took me a few to figure out what you meant.

I suppose that you could make tinted lip balm, too. I've never been able to find the right shade.

Elaine

Lipstick Tips and Tricks
Lipstick Tips and Tricks
Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips LipsAugust 7, 2006
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Lipstick
Removing Lipstick Stains on Fabric
Lipstick stain on a white shirt.
Removing Lipstick Stains on Clothing
pots of lipstick
Making Lipstick
🎄