Freeze and Bake a Few Cookies at a Time

contest winner icon

My husband are what I call "cookie pigs"! If I make 30 cookies, we'll eat 30 cookies. Needless to say, we don't need 30 cookies. What I do now, since we came to our senses, is make a double batch of our favorite cookie recipe, bake a few for now, and put the others in the freezer.

I prepare them just as if I were going to bake them now and place closely together on a cookie sheet. After they're frozen very hard (I wait a night), I put them in a plastic container separated with waxed paper. Then when we want cookies, I can bake 4 (they're small!) and we have 4. Sure helps to control our eating but still allows us to have treats.

My Husbands a Sweet Freak too,

I Got sick for a few Days and all he kept saying around here was "This is cruel and inhumain punishment, no Cookies" So I Spends Days on End Mixing batch after Batch of cookies and baking all day straight, Granted I have hundreds of cookies at the days end. I freeze lots, I do this about 4 days a week making different types,

They sure go quick!

Then my mum next door can't get around to much any more So I Bake for her and my step Dad too,

Good thing I love Baking.

Thanks for the great idea!

The night before, I mixed up a recipe of cookie dough (times 4). I did as my mother used to do and set the dough in the refrigerator over night and yesterday I baked six dozen cookies and prepared the rest of the dough for the freezer, making the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie dough into balls, then freezing. I set out what I thought we would eat right now in a glass cookie jar, and the rest of the prepared cookies, I placed in a "glazed" clay cookie jar that my mother had as her favorite cookie jar container. The jar is actually ugly, but the cookies stay moist in it for weeks. The glazed clay cookie jar, could even be a bean pot that you have on hand, since they are similarly made. I put the cookie jar in a cupboard that is frequented but not in total view. We know it is there but we don't see it on the counter top.

I plan on mixing up more cookie dough and freezing most of it, so we have some variety. My husband was buying cookies quite often, and the cost wasn't so bad, but the ingredients were Greek, unless one is a sceintist or a dietician, so I decided to make our own, using "real" ingredients.

Chicklet, aren't husbands like that? It's like they can't read a recipe or go to the bakery and get some cookies themselves! Now if they were smart, they would help you to feel better so that they get their cookies faster! Maybe we should keep some of those (store bought) "already made" cookie dough in the freezer for such occasions. It beats having nothing (or listening to them whine)!

Yes they sure do all seem the same :)

But I have to Forgive My Husband as he is 20 yrs my senior

and according to doctors should have died last yr in the hospital with Liver Failure.

So he can't have any processed foods, additives, preservatives, excess salt, long list of stuff due to numeral reasons. So I kinda have to bake if he gets to eat and live.

But I love cooking so HE"S LUCKY :)

Oh I am the cookie monster in my house! I think cookies are the perfect food - they are easy to eat, they don't require plates or silverware, they are usually neat to eat, they travel well, they are easy to share, the variety is endless..... And I have been doing the freezing thing for years. If it's there and sweet, I have to eat it, I can't rest until "it" is gone, no matter what "it" is.

Lynn Beth, You sound like my X husband,

He Ate everything in sight,

I couldn't afford him, So I gave him back,

He's Living with his mummy now, lol

Only Now I'm Stuck figuring out how to send to teenage Boys Back!

What a great idea! Thanks for giving the idea to me because NOW I am going to go do it, ha!

Freezing Cookies
Freezing Cookies
Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CookiesFebruary 8, 2008
Freezing Quiche
Freezing Quiche
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
No Bake Peanut Butter Bar Recipes
Consistently Sized Cookies
Making Consistently Sized Cookies
No Bake Cookie Recipes
No Bake Cookie Recipes
🎄