Browsing: Birds As A Bad Weather Predictor

Birds As A Bad Weather Predictor

We feed the wild birds. We can tell when it clouds up a bit outside if bad weather is headed our way or not, by the way the wild birds are eating. If it appears that every bird in the county is there eating or waiting their turn to eat from your feeders or below them, chances are that bad weather will soon be there.

Also, when your bad weather starts, if the wild birds continue to eat out in the weather during precipitation (rain, snow, etc.), it means the bad weather is going to continue for some time. If the wild birds go in shelter from the precipitation, it usually means the bad weather will pass sometime soon. The animals know these types of things.

By Terri H.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Terri, I'm happy to know someone else appreciates the sense of nature and is 'tuned in'!

We all can learn a lot by observing God's creatures and creation!

I as well, watch the birds, especially the red birds.

Here at my house I can tell when we are in for bad weather I have a whole slew of red birds, Before we got this snow this week, I had 20 red birds at one time at my feeders. I knew something was going to happen...and it did.

Best to watch nature than the weather man...HA!HA!

Have a good day and watch those birds...

Teresa from Va.

It certainly is a lot cheaper than a weatherstation! I noticed the birds eating through the rain the past couple of days....and now we are getting a big system in time for Easter! My grandfather always taught us about cows: when they lay down in the pasture, it'll rain. If only half are standing, it's a chance of rain ;)

Birds As A Bad Weather Predictor
Home and Garden Gardening Birds & Bird HousesJanuary 25, 2005
smiley faces drawn on toes.
Putting Yourself in a Better Mood
barometer
Predicting the Weather
Garden Weather Station
Creating a Garden Weather Station
A bunch of cherries still on the tree.
Using Up Your Cherry Harvest
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 4:16:54 AM on 10.0.0.107 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.