Dog Won't Go to the Bathroom Outside in Bad Weather

Many dogs can be very stubborn about going outside in inclement weather to do their business. This is a guide about dog won't go to the bathroom outside in bad weather.

My dog won't go to the bathroom if there is snow on the ground.

By Peter from Willingboro, NJ

Answers

Best Answer

When I was living at home, I'd shovel a path and a little area for my dog to do his business. I don't know how practical that would be for you, but perhaps it's an option.

Anonymous

Ditto with mrs.story about shoveling a path. It may not be convenient for you but it's doable and I know first hand from having lived sixteen previous Michigan winters with a resident seven pound poodle that it's better to make the effort to shovel rather than having the potty happen in your home. ;-)

My dog does this too. She can't stand to go potty in the snow, sleet or cold mud. Doesn't matter if we shovel a path or not, her 'footies' are still too cold & she doesn't want to squat-can't say I blame her! Lol! She can be pretty frustrating in the winter, a lot of times I'm the only one who can make her go,using my no-nonsense voice on her (she knows everyone else isn't serious), but she looks completely pitiful & abused the whole time!

We are just beginning to get the sleet here in Tulsa, from this big storm coming in, so I imagine she will have her legs crossed most of the next few days!

I'd like to know what to do too, because I have a 4 month old Catahoula/ Lab cross whom I had pretty well potty trained until the ground froze. Now she would rather poo in the bathroom and pee wherever. She has a spot over in some tall grass, but she has to cross our frozen driveway to get to it. There's something about frozen mud that she really doesn't like. I know its cold, but so is the rest of the ground. What do I do?

She's the one on the left, Louie is the one on the right.