Menu Tips for People with High Cholesterol
Having been recently diagnosed with high cholesterol I have decided to change some of my eating habits, along with exercise and having to take Lipitor. I have divided the 7 days of the week as follows for my main meal:
- Fish: consume 2 times per week.
- Chicken or turkey: consume 2 times per week.
- Pasta: consume once per week.
- Veggie meal: consume once per week.
- Red meat: consume once per week.
- I have started walking 2.5 miles 3 to 4 times per week.
- Switch to 1% milk (I tried skim, but detested it and also tried soy and hated it).
- Eliminate as much as possible of animal fat. Consume whole grains, fresh fruits, veggies, and limit eggs to 2 per week.
- Include ground flaxseed into either fat free yogurt, cereal or salad.
- I have banned all soy products from my house as I recently became aware of their affinity to stimulate estrogen, which in turn is a factor in breast cancer.
Happy cholesterol lowering!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 28, 2017 at 2:20:19 PM on 10.0.2.215 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us