Lowering Your Cholesterol

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 169 Posts

High Cholesterol With TangerineI know that Thriftyfun is not primarily an advocacy site, but am I furious this morning so I am giving it a shot. My DH (aka Joe) has just spent 3 days in the hospital because his liver count was up. He was having nausea and other symptoms which I don't need to discuss here. He is a a colon cancer survivor so any digestive problem gets me really riled up. Since you folks don't know me well, you need to understand that you do not want me mad at you.

What I want to warn you about is the possibility of liver damage from statin drugs. Joe has been instructed not to take his pravastatin any more. After a couple of days without them his count is getting to be near normal.

I am on an anti statin rampage and I intend to alert every one I can. If you or someone you know is taking statins for cholesterol, please urge them to stop.

By Marty Dick from Knoxville, TN

5 More Solutions

Diamond Feedback Medal for All Time! 1,394 Feedbacks

Do you have trouble remembering which type of cholesterol is the "good cholesterol" and which is the bad? Here's a simple mnemonic that occurred to me:

Last year at my yearly checkup my doctor said my cholesterol was was up and I was on the verge of needing medication. I was surprised since I usually eat a balanced and healthy diet.

Having been recently diagnosed with high cholesterol I have decided to change some of my eating habits, along with exercise and having to take Lipitor. I have divided the 7 days of the week as follows for my main meal:

Has anyone tried "Cholesterblock" for high cholesterol, and has it justified the claims made for it?

Marty from Saint Charles, IL

Answers

By Bobbie Gillettee (Guest Post)

I have not used this product, but use another awesome product that keeps my cholesterol lower, thus I do not have to take a prescription. I will be glad to tell you about it, if you want another option. It works for me and many others. You can call me at 972-722-1948.

If I am not in, leave me a message telling me what you are calling about with your name and phone number and I will call you back. If this is a long distance call for you let me know and I will call you even if I answer the phone.

By Carol in PA (Guest Post)

I have not tried the product you mentioned. But I have used Smart Balance margarine. It works. It actually lowers your cholesterol.

By Dean (Guest Post)

I have not used Cholesterol but if one did and wanted to find out if it worked they need to have a blood test for HDL and LDL then after a few months on Cholesterol another blood test.If the HDL went up and the LDL went down then it probably worked for you.

By Suni (Guest Post)

I was about to order this and found two posts on the net that said they had no results from using this product. One said he had tests done by his doctor before and after 30 days with no change in cholesterol.

One said they bill you excessively and you cannot reach customer service due to busy phone lines. Recommendation was not to order this product. So I am not. Hope this helps

By Scott Kaufman (Guest Post)

I tried it. I used the home cholesterol test they sent me for free before I took it. I then took it for 30 days and checked my levesl with the second free home cholesterol test they sent. It went down 18 points. From 222 to 204. Not bad in 30 days. I'll test again in 5 months.

Scott

By Lucille (Guest Post)

I read about CholesterBlock over a year ago in Prevention Magazine, but could never find the product locally. I have been unable to take the statin drugs or other cholesterol drugs that doctors prescribed for me, due to severe side effects. I have tried many other remedies, but nothing brought my cholesterol down significantly; therefore, I was very skeptical about CholesterBlock, but wanted to try it.

I am very pleased that my cholesterol is down significantly after 30 days of taking CholesterBlock -- from 237 to 170. I will continue to take CholesterBlock as long as it works and I experience no severe side effects. Highly recommended!

By Tony Tinsay (Guest Post)

for Bobbie Gillettee: please email the name of the awesome product that keeps your cholesterol low. I need to lower mine because my recent cholesterol reading is 250 and my cardiologists advised to get it down to within normal levels. My Problem is I cant use the statin medication presribed as it has adverse side effects on me. Please email to tonytinsay AT yahoo.com as ur earliest convenience. thanks.

By CJohnson (Guest Post)

I started Cholesterblock in Nov., using the reader provided, and it was within a point of my doctor's reading a week later. I recorded it by digital camera for evidence if my cholesteral did not go down after taking the dosage prescribed for a few months (for the money-back guarantee).

After four months taking a tablet faithfully morning and night, I had my cholesteral checked again at my clinic, and the reading was exactly the same, and my HDL level was up! I was hugely disappointed, of course, and now I'm working on getting my money back...wish me luck!

By Rodger (Guest Post)

I have been using Cholesterblock for just a few days,so can't say if it works as claimed.

By Sherry (Guest Post)

Try Cholesterol Care by EWI. It really works!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 519 Posts

I have used Chloest- off by Nature Made - as well as other plant statin products - when I eat particularly fatty foods - and drink only red wine/lite beer and drink lots of TEA - all of which have made my good cholesterol sky high - so overall my cholesterol ration is really low - 2 to 1....

By Sarah Holmes (Guest Post)

I tried it. It didn't work as well as I expected, but I was impressed with the company. They send yu a free home cholesterol test with purchase. Then, if you call them again, they will send you a second one. So I tested my cholesterol before and after. It went from 210 to 206. I was hoping for more.So I called them again and sent it back for a full refund.

All of it was really easy. The guy on the phone said that they effect the cholesterol from food. And I eat really well so that might have been why it had not worked that well for me.

So if you have a healthy, low fat diet, I probably wouldn't try it. But if you don't they seem to be a great company to work with.

Hope that helps

By bg (Guest Post)

After 1 month of taking Cholesterblock, my cholesterol lab values dropped from 287 to 258. However, I had to stop the product due to the side effect of extreme fatigue, as much as what the statins caused. The B vitamins included with the preparation did not adequately replace what was being leached out. Sadly, I'm still searching for a solution to hypercholesterolemia.

Do not try the Cholesterblock...their advertising is misleading and you will have many charges on your credit card. I am currently fighting repayment of a charge

I need tips on how to lower my cholesterol. Any diet tips and easy meals to fix that are low in cholesterol would be helpful.

Health & Beauty AdviceOctober 18, 2012
😎
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Lowering-Your-Cholesterol.html