Rotten Milk in Car

I hope someone can help me. About 3 days ago my son and I went and got groceries and he brought the groceries in but he did not bring in the milk. So yesterday I am going to lunch with a friend from work, still had no clue this was in my car, when I got home after wondering what the stink was I opened the trunk and there it is. The gallon had exploded and rotten milk was all over my trunk. My car stinks so bad. I tried spraying carpet cleaner and I have an air freshener but the smell is not budging.

Thanks in advance,
Tammy

Did you try removing the carpet piece (comes out to get to spare tire) and hosing it down at a car wash? Have you tried leaving some charcoal in the trunk to help absorb the odor?

Have you tried coffee grounds? That's supposed to work great.

Save yourself the trouble now....replace the carpet... this has happened to me before pull out the carpet in the trunk you can buy replacement carpet at the auto store... use the old piece as a template to cut the new piece. Be sure to wipe out the inside really good and let it air dry if you can before putting in the new carpet.

Vinegar! Its the only thing that will remove the smell. Pour at least as much vinegar on the area as the amount of milk that was spilt. Leave it soak right into the carpet and leave for half an hour or so, hoover off the excess and leave the rest to dry.

Put, carpet freshener, with coffee that you make in the morning, and it makes something of a neutralizer to the milk and will stop the smell!

Bicarbonate of Soda is the answer! It's a great neutralizer and cleaner!

Try Bicarbonate of Soda!

It's a great neutralizer and cleaner!

Lots of the good ideas are listed. Pour the baking soda and rub it in, take a sponge, rag, etc and mop it with vinegar. WEAR GLOVES. I would suggest your outdoor garden hose or run it from the house and use hot water.Sop it up with newspapers.

If you live in warm climate, go ahead and get it replaced. Even indoor/outdoor works or carpet for the outside steps. You want to be able to clean it easily.

Had a cup of milk spill in the console of the car. It's been there for 4 weeks or more looks like jelly. I just got back from a trip and need help cleaning it up.

We tried coffee but we another choice because it did not work completely we want to use baking soda but we don't know how to use it. Help us.

I used Triple X pet urine enzymes after I shampooed the gallon of mild that exploded in my car. They are both bodily fluids, so far, it's worked the best.

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoAugust 29, 2005
A photo of a car.
Removing Rotten Food Odors From a Car
Storing Oranges, Canning Oranges, A bunch of bright round oranges.
Storing Oranges
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
🎉
🎄