Solutions for a Slippery Floor

My mom's linoleum floor is very slippery. With socks on, or without socks you have to worry about falling. What can I use so it's not slippery any more?

By Joyce from Cleveland, OH

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

When the floor is wet it is more slippery, try to keep it dry. some stains like oil and foods also make it more slippery. If it is woody, the vanish also make it more slippery. May be try to have some carper on it. Or try those kind of socks that have plastic dots in bottom.

Try to wear shoes with a nonslip sole or the socks that come with the nonslip material on the bottom of them.

April 4, 2011 Flag

I had carpet tape on my kitchen floor and to get it off I used a sticker remover. Now the floor is very slippery and I'm afraid someone will fall, what can I do?

Nancy from Madison, WI

Answers:

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsApril 4, 2011
sweeping a floor
Floor Sweeping Tips
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Hardwood Floors
Making Hardwood Floors Less Slippery
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:55:47 AM on 10.0.0.148 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.