ScrapbookingPaper

Scrapbooking With Junk Mail

Category Scrapbooking

Can i use the pretty pictures in junk mail to decorate my scrapbooking pages? I can't find an acid tester pen here, so how do I test them for acidity? My son suggested wetting a small portion then use a litmus paper to test acidity, is that ok?

Annie

I would not use this. It is surely not acid and lignin free paper. If it is something you really want to use though, spray the paper (front and back) with an ant-acid scrapbooking spray. I can't remember the name of it because I am now out, but it is in the scrapbooking sections of Michaels or AC Moore and has a green label on a white pump bottle. Warning: the spray is quite expensive, so use one of the store 40%/50% off coupons to buy it.

Good Luck!

I am not a scrapbooker, but my daughter-in-law is, and I am a crafter so know "a little bit" about it. My suggestion would be to scan it and print it using your computer.

Rocky

I use pictures from magazines at times that I know are not acid free. Using my acid free stickers, I stick the pictures to smaller acid free paper before attaching to my overall project. I haven't had any problems yet. I have scrapbooks that are 30 years old I made before it was all the rage.

What is the reason that the paper can't be acidic? I am asking this because i am new to scrapbooking and i have used magazing cutouts and such. I guess i seem a little ignorant but like I said i am new to this.

Hello Guest,

That is a good request. We have created the following for requests for you and other beginners who may be wondering.

How Do You Test The Acid Level In Paper For Scrapbooking?

What is the best way to test the acid level in paper that you plan to use for scrapbooking?

Post Feedback:

<http://www.thri  207.tip.html>

-------------------------------------------------------

Why Can't Scrapbooking Paper Be Acidic?

What is the reason that the paper can't be acidic? I am asking this because I am new to scrapbooking and i have used magazing cutouts and such. I guess I seem a little ignorant but like I said I am new to this.

Post Feedback:

<http://www.thri  056.tip.html>

As a Creative Memories Consultant, I can tell you that you should never place anything you are uncertain of or suspect is not acid free on your pages. Instead, use a Memorabilia pocket and isolate the item. It's far better to be safe than sorry and you want your books to last for many more lifetimes than your own.

Does your printer scan? What about scanning them in and printing out on paper you know to be safe? I scan in lots of stuff, even fabric, to use in my digital books.

I bought my acid free Krylon paper finish at a Hobby Lobby store in Mo. 3 oz cost $6.00. I use it on official papers that I put in my scrapbook such as old discharge army papers, sale bill from when we sold our farm, clip art, magazine cutouts, and just about anything that will work for me. BJ

I bought my acid -free Krylon paper finish at a Hobby Lobby store in Mo. 3 oz cost $6.00. I use it on official papers that I put in my scrapbook such as old discharge army papers, sale bill from when we sold our farm, clip art, magazine cutouts

and just about anything that will work for me.

BJ