General AdviceConsumer Advice

How Do I Get UPS to Replace Missing Package?

UPS lost the drip tray and the 2 plastic scrapers from my George Foreman Grill, # GR 36 CB, which I allowed them to pack and ship to Kingwood, Texas, January 31, 2011. Snow delayed the shipping in Tennessee; therefore, the products which I allowed UPS to pack and ship for me (GF Grill and Chicken Roaster) arrived in Kingwood, Texas on February 08, 2011 at 6:20 p.m.

My son recently arrived in the USA after 4 years in the Middle East (Kuwait, Afghanistan, and Iraq) serving the US Army as a Postal APO/AE mail clerk. This involved receiving and shipping throughout the war zones and the world. His job required that he unload and load carnaks, helicopters, airplanes, trucks, etc. and, therefore, he knows how to search through peanuts and report the products mailed as complete or damaged.

The UPS supervisor did not tell the truth to me when he said UPS had denied my claim for he had never filed my claim. How could he? I gave him no information at all! I write down everything I say and what is said to me on the telephone, with dates, time, and person spoken with. Steve, the supervisor, cannot get away with that. I need to replace the parts UPS lost, Please help me with suggestions for how to handle this issue.

By Buena

Answers

Something is missing, when you say they denied your claim because you never filed a claim do you mean after the items were missing or when they were shipped? If you mean a claim for lost items, my guess is that you would have to go to the store and fill out some paper work. If everything was packed in one package they should all have arrived. Maybe the person receiving the pkg. didn't go through the packing materials good enough. I do know when I have a complaint with a business I get better results with honey, than vinegar.