Parenting

Mother of New Marine - Wants Graphics and Info

My 19 year old joined the Marines and I would like to hear from others who are parents of a Marine. He is leaving Sept 17 for San Diego. I would like graphics sites to use in mails, on my blog and posts. I would like other info sites for Marines too. I am new to all this so any info will help I'm sure!

Melody_yesterday from Sedalia, Missouri

http://www.marineparents.com is a great site they are based out of San Diego and send you a newsletter and will send your child a care package if sent overseas. My son is now out of the marines but I wish yours well.

I am member of a yahoo group of military moms or Dads if you want the info e-mail me at randawagner_8 AT yahoo.com

My son is 19 and a sailor in San Diego.

Melody,

My son is a Marine. Although he is on not on active duty anymore, you will find out that "Once a Marine, always a Marine". You will see a great transformation in your son. This is a wonderful brotherhood of men. My son still stands proud. He also keeps in touch with some of the men he served with.

I was a member of MMO (Marine Moms Online) when he was active. This is a great group of people that provide information, support and love. I hope you look them up. I would not have been able to get through it without them. I still correspond with friends I met there, even though all our kids are on inactive status.

Good luck and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your son. You are both about to embark on a wonderful journey filled with pride and brotherhood.

Please keep us informed on his progress.

May Good Bless.

Fran

Hi again !

Thanks for the nice show of support with your posts !

I am on my son's pc only because he is asleep on the couch - so it may be awhile before I settle into the routine of actually being on any time I want to.

I started a blog http://blog.360  oo.com/blog-iny6 ... V2LfnlrNhpzf1.q9lae3eezg--?cq=1&p=15

& on yahoo I am MissouriMarineMom AT yahoo.com

in case you want to add me even though I am not on much these days soon I will be & I look forward to any online encounters with you that there may be !

THANKS !

Veronica

You must be very proud! What type of graphics for? I have many wonderful quote/poem sites for inspiration, laughter, etc. If I can help, let me know. God bless him for serving our country!

eyelovecats ,

thanks for answering -- the graphics are for emails & posts on other sites to share...The quote/poem sites for inspiration, laughter, etc sound REALLY great -- it's hard to find time to get online to do much searching latley - maybe this winter I will find more time !

You are right !

I AM (extreamly) proud of my son!

He will go to 29 Palms after his 10 days leave after he graduates boot camp in San Diego !

LUCKY GUY !

thanks again !

also - the images are for printed matter I will be able to send him when I get his mailing address next Wednessday -- so when there is just not a whole lot of stuff to write about happening here at home - I can at least send nice printed images from the net with a poem or story or a laugh that will let him know I am thinking of him !

imaqt1962 THANKS very much ! great info !

it's nice to know peoples HEARTS are with them wherever they are !

our military at work

ParentingAugust 31, 2007
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mom and Kids Celebrating Mother's Day
Celebrating Mother's Day
Mother Daughter Tea
Planning a Mother Daughter Tea
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 9:04:55 AM on 10.0.2.32 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.