Keeping Pond Stones From Turning Green

I have a small pond. I would like to know what is best to put at the bottom. At the moment I have a few stones, the water is running clear, but all of the stones are green. Please give me any tips to get them clean. Thanks.

By Alison from Feltham

Answers

That green you see is algae. It's necessary in your pond, any pond that is in good condition will have it. It's the natural flow of things. It's probably the reason your water is clear. Any flat surface in your pond should be covered with 1-2 inches of small rocks. That prevents dirt/debris from being stirred up from the bottom. If you don't want the green, then you want a swimming pool. If the water is clear that is great. I have never seen any pond or water feature without any green. I say just let it be.

Controlling Algae in a Pond
Controlling Algae in a Pond
Home and Garden Gardening Ponds and Rockery Pond TipsJune 20, 2010
Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Making Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
Backyard Pond
Controlling Grass in a Backyard Pond
Beautiful Swan
Decorating a Pond for a Wedding
🎄
🍂