Water Stains on Vinyl Film Patio Windows

How can I clean plastic film patio windows? They are thick vinyl (I think) film, a cheaper alternative to glass and fine for Florida. They are spotted and cloudy due to water residue from our lawn irrigation system.

I've tried vinegar, Windex, and Lime-away. I get the best results using Arm and Hammer Scrub Free Soap Scum remover following up with Windex. Cleaning one window still takes about 15 minutes and I have 44 windows. Is there an easier way?

By pamoreval from Orlando, FL

Is the water from your water works ground water? If it is and the film is white you may have lime stains. Here in Canada we use CLR to remove those stains. Not sure if you can get it there. You can get it from hardware stores or your grocery store in the cleaning section. I'd try it on a small spot at the bottom first to make sure it doesn't harm the window pane. You could also try pure vinegar, sometimes that works. It doesn't with our water, but it's so hard you could almost sit on it :) The dealer who sold you the window could have a product to clean it with as well.

Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsAugust 19, 2009
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Blue Chairs and Table on Patio
Repairing Patio Furniture