Good 'n Plenty Recipes - Categories:

EntreesCopycat

Good 'n Plenty Recipes

I was in Lancaster, PA recently and ate at Good 'n Plenty restaurant. I would like to have recipes for their broasted chicken, cabbage & green pepper salad and a dish made of fresh green beans, cucumbers, celery, carrot shavings and I forget what else. It was marinated in a sweet & sour dressing (I think). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anna from Maine

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Hi! I am from Lancaster County and live a few miles away from the Good and Plenty restaurant. It is one of many great restaurants that have delicious Amish food in the area. The recipe you want is called Pepper Cabbage.

Here is the recipe:

PEPPER CABBAGE

1 head of cabbage, grated

1/2 green pepper

1 large carrot grated

1 cup sugar

1 cup vinegar

1 cup water

Pinch of salt

Mix the sugar, water and vinegar together and pour over the cabbage, green pepper and carrot. Mix thoroughly. This tastes better if you refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Enjoy!

I will try to find the other recipes you requested and will get back to you. Good luck!

I am from Lancaster, PA also and Pepper Cabbage and Chow Chow are definitely not the same thing. Look on some Amish Cooking sites and you will most likely find all those recipes. Shoofly Pie is also a favorite of Lancaster PA.

I enjoyed our Meal at Good 'n plenty. Would love to know how they do their noodles.

My family and i enjoyed a fabulous meal at Good N" plenty last year. We would like to make their cracker pudding for thanksgiving can you help me? Thanks

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat EntreesJuly 14, 2005
Photo of a beautiful cornucopia with gourds, corn and apples.
Making a Cornucopia
Composting Seaweed
Composting Seaweed
Girls at Masquerade Party
Masquerade Party Ideas
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 7:05:34 PM on 10.0.2.224 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.