Pattern for Knit or Crochet Checkbook Cover

Does anyone have a pattern to make my own checkbook cover? Hopefully, in either crochet, knit, or plastic canvas. If not, then whatever. But I need a new one and I'm not willing to pay the exorbitant prices the bank and the other places ask.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

http://www.free  .html?cat_id=397

Sign up free on their website for this plastic canvas checkbook cover pattern.

Whenever I need a new plastic checkbook cover, my bank has them available for free. Perhaps your bank doesn't give them away free to their customers.

A sewn cover (made from washable fabric) would be better. Just rip up an old freebie plastic cover & use it as a pattern for cutting your fabric & be sure to allow an extra half an inch for seam allowance. I very rarely use a pattern so I'll tell you what I'd do to crochet one.

To crochet: Get your checkbook cover out (this will be your pattern) You are making a "Book" cover (like you did in high school) only using single crochet. Open the checkbook all the way & it will help to have a the actual checkbook in front of you too.

It would be best to crochet a check book cover with thin doily thread or even baby yarn & not regular worsted weight yarn. I would use "knit-cro-sheen" doily cotton in a dark color.

1) Work horizontally from side to side across the checkbook. This whole cover should be done in single crochet. Crochet across the whole front/back of the book from top to bottom, left to right then turn & repeat, back & forth until the whole back side of the cover is done.

2) Crochet 2 matching end flaps (if your checkbook slides DOWN vertically into the cover-flap & not across horizontally). They should be about 1-1/2 inches tall & just as wide as the front-back cover. OR, better yet, sew on fabric instead (see photo).

3) Attach the front & back flap to the cover using slip stitch. Here's a photo of one you $8. It should give you an idea about how to make one. The outside is crocheted. The inside is fabric. www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5467282

Free Crochet Pattern
Finding Free Crochet Patterns
Crafts CrochetMay 23, 2009
Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet
Knit Sweater Patterns
Knit Sweater Patterns
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 1:17:40 AM on 10.0.0.119 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.