Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars

Years ago in school at lunch there were peanut butter bar cookies that were made w/ peanut butter and cornflakes. Kind of the same idea as Rice Krispie treats. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. They were my fave.

By Mommykat45 from Palm Bay, FL

This recipe is called Midas Squares. Hope it's what your looking for Melt 1 cup peanut butter,1/2 cup syrup & 1/2 cup brown sugar. Stir until sugar is melted, remove from heat & add 1 cups of rice crispies & 2 cups cornflakes. Press into pan & Ice

Icing

melt 1/2 cup brown sugar, 3 Tbsp. milk, 1 tbsp. butter, stir until mixture boils. Remove from heat & add 1/2 tsp. vanilla & 1 cup icing sugar. Pour over base & refrigerate. I got the recipe in 1973

Unbaked Corn Flake Bars

1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup corn syrup

2/3 cup peanut butter

Melt together and pour over 3 cups of corn flakes, which have been placed in a buttered pan. Melt 1 6oz. pkg. chocolate chips and spread on top. If I remember right I used a 9 x 13 pan, and I think I mixed the hot ingredients and corn flakes in a large bowl. It just seems like that was more convenient. I got this recipe in the real early 60s, when I mentioned I was trying to find new baked goods recipes to make and send to my then fiance' who was in the Marines. This is a side note---he is now my "ex" husband. lol. Live and learn.

This is a different recipe with chocolate but it is still a no-bake with pb and cornflakes. I saw it on the Cornflakes box yesterday and decided to try it once I get some butterscotch morsels. It has been too hot to bake lately.

http://www2.kelloggs.com/Recipe/RecipeDetail.aspx?RID=941

This is the recipie I use. Hope it helps

Deep pan/ dutch oven 5 or 6 QT pan/pot

1cup sugar

1cup corn/ Karo syrup clear/white

Put in pan to mix in sugar. stir. Mix in all sugar so it wont burn. Then turn on heat to med-high

Don't usually stir while on heat. Come to full boil for whole pan. only will take few min.

As soon as boil, take off heat.

{Measure 1cup of PB, 1 Tbsp. of butter, 6cps of Corn Flakes} [Do this while waiting for boil]

Add PB & butter to warm syrup. Keep stirring until it's all melted and smooth.

After that then dump in corn flakes, keep stirring until all is coated, stir from bottom to get all the liquid to cover the cereal. Stir until well coated. Then drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper that's sitting on a cookie sheet. take off when it's cool enough to handle. if you let it sit the entire time, it will take paper off with it.

Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars

1 c. sugar

1 c. corn syrup

1 c. peanut butter

6 c. corn flakes

Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil, then remove from heat. Add peanut butter and mix in until melted. Place corn flakes in a bowl and pour mixture over them, then place in a 9x13 pan (buttered) until cooled. Cut into bars.

Peanut Butter Cornflake Bar Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Recipes for KidsJune 1, 2009
peanut butter bars with chocolate and bacon
Peanut Butter Bars Recipes
Fritos
Funky Frito Bars Recipes
Making a Peanut Butter Snail
Making a Peanut Butter Snail
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
🎄
🍂