What color kitchen appliances should I get?

I am in the process of looking for a new fridge. My present one is beige, cabinets are a dark oak. The microwave, wall, oven and dishwasher are black. I am thinking about getting a black fridge, but wonder if it would make the room look too dark? The floor is a red brick linoleum pattern. Thanks in advance.

By Kidena from Beverly, MA

I had a beige fridge and the rest of my appliances were black, and I hated it so purchased a black one so all would match. It pretty much boils down to whether or not your fridge being a different color is something that has been bothering you. If not, why not go with beige. If so, you need to go with black.

If you are able (and willing) to paint the black wall beige, that should lighten the room a lot.

Sounds like your kitchen may be too dark already.

Try throwing something long and black over the fridge and then see what the room looks like.

The fridge will become the elephant in the room. The kitchens I have seen with the black fridges DO look like they are enormous. Center of attention. My other appliances (stove, dishwasher) are the black fronts but I want the biggest one in the room to be the least conspicuous.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenApril 7, 2009
A crockpot on a counter.
Choosing Energy Efficient Kitchen Appliances
Stainless Steel Dishwasher
Converting Appliances to Stainless Steel
Home Appliances
Saving Money on Home Appliances
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget, Red tool box full of tools.
Renovating Your Kitchen on Budget
🎄
🍂