Getting More Water In Toilet Tank

How do you adjust your toilet so that there could be more water to fill in the toilet tank? I've tried adding more water but it's not filling up that same amount. Right now there's barely any water in there to flush. Please help!

Bridget from AZ

Have you tried turning the knob near the bottom of the toilet? This knob is also what you would turn if your toilet overflowed & you had to shut the water off.

Open up the back of the toliet tank. There is a fluid master, mine is located in the left side of the water tank. There is a rod that extends to the bottom of the tank with a float attached to it. Move the float upward to the desired level. This is what cuts the water off when it reaches the desired level.

I can't seem to get mine to adjust. I try to use a screwdriver, but nothing. The problem started when they turned the water off for my entire building due to another unit needing repair. When I flushed the toilet the first time after that it made a loud noise and the I assume air or water pressure in the line caused the fill hose to dislodge completely! I was able to put that back where it belonged but can't seem to get the water level back in the bowl where it used to be. Any suggestions?

Is the chain too short or long on the flusher handle?

Toilet Tank
Toilet Tank Not Filling
Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomMay 20, 2008
lace tank topper
Making Toilet Tank/Lid Covers
White toilet.
Toilet Tank Wobbles
Man installing a toilet.
Installing a Toilet
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet