Replacing a Woodburning Fireplace Insert with a Gas Insert

Does anyone know where I can find DIY information about replacing a damaged woodburning fireplace with a new gas fireplace? The old wood burning fireplace rusted all the way through and is no longer useable.

By Stacey from Huntsville, TX

There shouldn't be any problem. The insert fits inside the fireplace opening and is sealed off with insulation on the outside frame. You could also check with a/the place that sells the inserts. They do a great job of keeping the home warm! Enjoy! Only drawback is you can't watch the fire as it burns.

I will tell you straight what I think. If I were you, I would take out the old woodburning fireplace and then call your gas company to come, inspect the chimney while they are there, and then send someone out to help you run the gas lines. You shouldn't be messing with gas lines yourself. You definitely need a professional or you MAY be putting yourself in BIG danger of a fire or carbon dioxide poisoning.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Fireplaces and StovesDecember 22, 2010
Gas Log Fireplace
Gas Log Tips
Logs burning in a fireplace.
Cleaning Your Fireplace
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Camisole Insert Diagram
Making a Camisole Insert
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 10:09:59 AM on 10.0.0.140 in 959 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.