Painting Advice For Room With Navy Bedspreads and Wooden Baseboards

I have wooden baseboards, navy bedspread, shams and bedskirt with white and navy. It is very white, not cream. What color would you suggest I paint the walls?

Joyce Bedsole

You seem to have a dilemma similar to my own. I too, am at my wit's end about what color to paint my living room and dining rooms. I have a large collection of porcelain blue/white vases and flowerpots and what-nots, and they are spread throughout the whole house. One color that I have found that is really soothing and comfortable, excuse me, two colors...Are green and yellow. The trick is figuring out which shade of yellow and green is comfortable for you. For instance, I am leaning towards a sage green to soften up the navy spread. Or you can go country french with a buttery yellow.

There is a new product out by benjamin moore paints...Where you can buy the paint samples in a small jar about the size of a jar of baby food. And you can paint the sample on the walls and look at it from the different time of lighting in the house. I am going to look into this product as soon as I can. Another thing you can do is go to the search engine of the internet and type in color therapy or chromotherapy. And it will describe all the physical and emotional relationships in the basic primary colors. Once you type in your favorite color, you will be amazed at how close the color you choose pretty much suits your personality. I have a green bathroom ( healing ) yellow kitchen ( sunny and cheerful ) red computer room ( creativeness and power ) and my back hallway/laundry area with gray floors, stairs and baseboard trimmings is all white with white lace curtains in the window. ( Just plain old bright and fresh )

My father's room is blue ( serenity ) and I have yet to figure out which way I want to go with my bedroom and living room/dining room. Good luck on your choice of color. But guess, even if it turns out you don't like it...Hey for another 20 bucks or so, you just run out and get another can of paint...Smile. Also, you can really put a nice touch by putting some throw pillows on the bed with nice colors in them.

Hi Joyce,

For a bedroom, there is no color better than a pale

blue for the walls. It's restful and very calming. It

will certainly go well with the Navy blue, white and

the wood tones. If you want more color, add some

throw pillows in your favorite contrasting or matching

colors.

I love my beautiful blue bedroom. It is like a peaceful sanctuary.

All the best to you,

Julia in Orlando, FL

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceMarch 19, 2005
Kids Room
Color Advice for Painting Kids Room
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads, Shoulder bag made from recycled chenille bedspread.
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
A red bedrooms its white baseboards.
Baseboard Ideas for a Red Room
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 4:22:58 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.