Cereal Box Tote

Recycle your cereal boxes into something useful.

Crafting Time: 30 - 45 minutes

What You Need:

• empty cereal box - The sample is made from a box saved from instant oatmeal.
  • additional cardboard, such as from the back of a pad
  • scissors
  • gift wrap paper
  • cellophane tape
  • paper punch
  • brass paper fasteners

Directions:

1. Cut the top off the box. If you use a larger box and would like to cut off one side instead, just be sure to tape the top closed first.
  2. Cut four, 1 x 12" strips from cardboard (you can also use poster board) for the handles.
  3. Wrap the box and the handle strips in gift wrap. You can also use brown craft paper, possibly old wall paper. Secure the paper with tape.
  4. Punch a hole in both ends of each handle strip. Punch two holes in each side of the box, near the top. Use brass paper fasteners to attach the handles to the box.
  5. Use the box to store collections of sea shells, toy cars, etc. You can also carry what you need to a friend's for a sleepover, or use it as a gift "bag".
  6. By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL

This is wonderful. Thanks for the idea.

CUTE IDEA THANKS

Could you do that with plastic over it so the cereal box would show? I think that might be neat. Love your idea. Thanks for sharing it.HUGS, Judy

This looks great Marie. I did this for Christmas gifts last year, but looking at yours gives me the idea of maybe using fabric for a more serviceable tote bag. Well done.

I would suggest , to the person who is asking about clear tape or paper so you could see the cereal box,Use the clear contact paper. I also use the clear contact paper to save recipes I cut out of magazines and news papers. Works great

Absolutely a wonderful recycling idea. I love it!!

RecycleCindy

http://www.myrecycledbags.com/

A website dedicated to recycling & crafting

Cereal Box Purses
Crafts Crafts For KidsFebruary 28, 2007
Cereal Box Guitar
Making a Cereal Box Guitar
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Recycle Tote Bag
Decorating Tote Bags
Working on a Crocheted Tote Bag
Making a Crocheted Tote Bag
🎄