Gum Tissue Gray After an Extraction

Has anyone had gray looking skin where a tooth was extracted rather harshly? I had stitches put in was so bad. They said the front bottom tooth had double roots. But three days later, the gum on one out of six pulled is gray and nasty looking.

The doctor says, without looking at it, "sounds fine come in first thing Monday morning". I am just wondering if I'm the only one who has had the tissue turn gray after having teeth extracted.

By Tabitha

Gargle with salt water to encourage healthy healing after every meal.

Take your vitamins, especially Vitamin C, and gargle also with dilution of hydrogen peroxide for healing. You can also go to the health food store and buy gum therapy drops with myrrh and apply those. Gums SHOULD be pink for health! There may be an infection. Does it hurt? Is it swollen? You may have to ask for antibiotics over the weekend, or at least take golden seal!

I have always been told to rinse with salt water every so often. I can't remember how often anymore because I have had dentures since 1984. But before that, every time I had an extraction I was told to rinse with salt water.

Thanks for all inputs. Gum is swollen, does hurt, have been using salt water, doc closed since Thursday won't open back up till Monday. But, i have apt first thing tomorrow morning so hope it's normal. if not will deff ask for script.

I have had many teeth extracted but never had any problem, my gums are red. The only thing I can think of is you might have dry cell anemia in the gum. I had this once and it was painful. It's where the stitches are trying to heal the cut and an infection is there. But my gum didn't go grey. I went to the doctor as the dentist wouldn't give me antibiotics. He actually told me. I took antibiotics and, presto, no more problems.

My guess would be that it is either bruising or dead tissue. I would think that both of these are normal side effects of a rough extraction.

Man with a sore mouth.
Caring for Your Gums After a Tooth Extraction
Health & Beauty AdviceMay 1, 2010
Colorful Tissue Paper
Reusing Tissue Paper
Coloring Gray Hair
Coloring Gray Hair
ARDELL Gray Magic Color Additive
Ardell Gray Magic Color Additive Reviews
Woman Having Tooth Pulled
Eating After Having Teeth Pulled
🎉
🎄