Repairing A Sofa Button

How do you repair a sofa button?

Don Poor

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By beanygurl 1 90 01/02/2005

what's the problem with it?? Did the uphostery covering it get damaged, did the button fall off, is the button broken in some way??

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By beanygurl 1 90 01/05/2005

You should be able to re-attach them with heavy duty upholstery thread and a curved needle.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Melissa (Guest Post) 01/14/2005

I also have an errent couch button. Its holding on by a strong thread, but the material that the button is supposed to sit upon is frayed. The material is like a tapestry, large woven cotton threads. If anyone knows a magic trick so that the hole doesnt get bigger and also how to perhaps reestablish the button in its home Id appreciate that advice

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By reel (Guest Post) 08/31/2005

My dog just took a bite out of the same kind of sofa- at the button- which is now missing and there is a 4 inch gap in this multi coloured loose woven fabric- and it was in someone else's house!!! I would like to get an idea how to repair it and there is no upholstery repair place in the small town where the sofa is. So it is a step or two worse than the first one- the button is now missing and so is a chunk of the fabric- but not that much. Thanks

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Betty (Guest Post) 04/13/2007

My sofa's button has also came out. My boyfriend sat down and we heard the thread that holds it in place snap. now we have a dangling button and we don't know how to fix it. We only have had the couch for about 4 months. Open to any ideas.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No