Living With Macular Degeneration

A friend has been diagnosed with Macular Degeneration of the left eye. Could someone please help with practical ideas on how to live with this condition?

Gurth from South Africa

My father has macular degeneration in both eyes. He is a veteran and has recieved an incredable amount of help from the Veterans adminastration. everything from blind training to talking computers. maybe your friend can find some assistance through some sort of goverment program. best of luck

My mom has Macular Degeneration as well as glaucoma in both eyes, so I can understand your concern for your friend. Keeping the lighting in the home very bright, blinds open for allot of sunlight will help. Large print books from the library are available also.Think big. ig. large number key pads on your phones, calculators, anything we can see just imagine not seeing and try to enlarge the wording. I have done this for my mom and it is helping her somewhat, she is on allot of medication for her eyes but, she is 80 years old and it is very difficult for her. I wish you much success w/ your friend. Have allot of patience, he needs that now.

My dad has macular and he has received many items that are helpful to him from the Blind Assoc.

Health & Beauty AdviceMay 25, 2006
A girlfriend and boyfriend struggling to pay bills.
Sharing Living Expenses With a Boyfriend or Girlfriend
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
Open concept rooms.
Painting an Open Concept Kitchen and Living Room
Furniture in a Living Room
Arranging Furniture in a Living Room
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 26, 2016 at 8:07:22 AM on 10.0.0.166 in 981 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.