AdviceCrafts

New Gel Glitter Pen Not Working

I just purchased a gel glitter pen and can't seem to get it to work. Running it over paper back and forth just doesn't help. Any idea's to get it to work.

I live 40 miles from where I purchased this pen so I really need some help.

Sandy

Sandy-

Check to see if it has a metal tip. If it does, try the same trick that works with ball point pens- hold it for a second over the flame of a lighter. Just enough for it to warm a bit. Then try. Hope that works for you! Good luck! :)

You could try running hot water over it to get it warmed up to flow, besides using the lighter on the end.

Jeannelee

the easiest way- just take the ink part out of the actual pen part and blow hard in the ink container....it should free the flow....my pens do it all the time...just make sure you dont suck on the end, or else you'll end up with a mouth full of ink!

I used to work for a company that makes these pens. I know it'll probably sound weird, but sometimes banging the tip of the pen down onto the paper will get the ink flowing. Holding the pen by the end and shaking vigoursly also does the trick sometimes. If neither one of these works, you might try calling the manufacturer - Quite often, they'll have ideas that you wouldn't have thought of or they may replace them free of charge.

Hold the tip over a thespout of a boiling kettle for a few seconds, it works fine for me.

I, too, have some problems with the gel pens and thanks for all your suggestions. I tried all of them and the one that seemed to work best was bouncing the pen point on the table. I have to confess, (as I'm laughing at myself), I heated the point up with a lighter and then shook it quickly and the point flew off the end, leaving some beautiful bronze dots on my kitchen floor! After finding and replacing the point, I bounced it and it seems to be working. Not sure which step in the process did it though!

That was funny!!! :) Thanks!

I'd just like to say that the person who suggested banging the tip of the pen on a table is a godsend. This worked perfectly.

I am so late for answering this question but I have a great idea that works 98.6 degrees of time for me! I take the pen and I shake it down as if I'm shaking down a glass thermometer. Then I test it on paper to see if I've shaken it enough. Sometimes it'll take a few times but it works! I tend to purchase my gel pens from a bin of many pens. So this is a life-saver for me. They never have paper to test them on so you don't know if they'll be difficult until you've already got them at home!

Crafts AdviceApril 12, 2005
Hand Scooping Out Homemade Hair Gel
Homemade Hair Gel Recipes
Body Glitter
Making Homemade Body Glitter
Glitter
Making Homemade Glitter
Glitter Tubes on White Background
Working With Glitter
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 15, 2017 at 6:20:55 PM on 10.0.0.237 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.