Removing Glitter From Clothing

Category Clothing
If you have a piece of clothing with glitter on it that you don't want, you will need to figure out how to get rid of the glitter. This is a guide about removing glitter from clothing.

I recently purchased a dress whose color and style are exactly what I've been looking for. However, there is glitters all over the fabric to make the fabric sparkle. I really hate it! It is the tiny silver kind that sticks to the fabric. When you handle the dress normally a very small amount will come off. Does anyone have a trick to completely remove the glitters without damaging the fabric? Thanks.

Nancy from Enterprise, FL

Answers

Best Answer

That post was from 2008 but the glitter fabrics are much more durable now. I think if the glitter is woven into the jean material and is part of the fabric. It is probably impossible to remove entirely.

I had the same problem with my granddaughters jeans. I used hand sanitizer on the jeans and the glitter came right off. I use hand sanitizer for so many things and I thought I would give it a try...It worked. I use it for glass cleaner and for cleaning my appliances. It also removes stains in clothing. ~Janette~

I tried hand sanitizer on some jeans didn't work how exactly did you remove it from the jeans cause I'm trying to do that I got some jeans for my son didn't notice it had glitter