Home Remedy for Dog's Eczema

Category Health
This is a guide about home remedy for dog's eczema. Determining the cause of your dog's skin problem can help you get it under control.

Our 20 pound Poodle has eczema/scaling that medicine is not controlling. He scratches a lot and loses hair. (He has had this for years.)
I would like a household cure suggestion.

Thanks.

By Barbara L

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

I've heard a little bit of olive oil or eggs in their food helps a lot. I personally haven't tried it. I have used brewers yeast with garlic. Its tablets filled with Omega 3 fatty acids, and vitamin B complex and works great for skin and coat care. I got the bottle at walmart years ago for my shar pei, but if you can't find it there, I'm sure you can find it online. Good luck!

Best Answer

Got it. Helped animals all of my life. Much of the same problem. That hurts to look at the picture of your dog. Let's fix it. #1 No more steroids. Problem comes back even worse. #2 diet. No corn, wheat or soy. Not even in a cookie. Cooking and part raw diet is good.

Great kibble is EVO or California Naturals. Decent economical kibble is Diamond lamb and rice from feed store. Never any commercial grocery aisle pet food. You will almost always see first ingredient is corn.

First ingredient has to be meat. Raw bones, raw veggies, like carrot chew sticks even some fruits. Grapes and raisins can be POISON. Apple, banana, melon, stone fruits, and berries are all good.

No poisons. No flea collars, no sprays and especially no dot between the shoulders. See my former posts on borax. A biggie that will help the most is nzymes.com. Granules that boost all systems.

I did lots of research until I finally tried nzymes. Wouldn't be without it. Please google it. What you see is true. No other kind of Nzymes please. No, I don't sell it or profit from it. 1 877 816 6500. Nzymes have saved many a dog from suffering. Saved me a bunch on vet bills. You will notice a difference within a few weeks. Need me? I am muttmom. Like dogs better than people.

Best Answer

I just want to say that I fought eczema skin problems in my dog for years. Poor dog scratched and itched and lost hair. I tried everything including dips, pills, anihistamines, changing food etc. I took to my own methods and have seen a huge improvement. I keep her coat clean by using a dog shampoo for skin bacteria and bath her twice a week.

It is important to keep her clean. I also spray 1% hydrocortizone solution on her irritated areas daily. This is the best she has been in months but you have to stay on top of it with the baths and the hydrocortizone spray. They make hydrocortizone shampoo too.

I buy the spray at CVS and the shampoo at a pet store or inline. I hated to see my poor dog suffer. If there is a bad area I use antibiotic cream or spray on those areas... big improvement.

Here's what worked on my chihuahua in a matter of a couple of days. I opened a 200mg capsule of vitamin E and put it in her water. No more skin and flaking problems. good luck because there's nothing worse than an itchy skin problem! p.s. I only did it until her skin problem went away and it hasn't come back.

A little more that will help. A little yogurt - plain, Greek is good. The raw bones do not splinter. Cooked ones do. Yard fleas can be eliminated with natural cedercide granules Borax for indoors. Supplement with fish oil, MSM, vitamin C. Worms to be eliminated easily with FOOD GRADE diatomacious earth. NO garden DE as it has poisons. Please keep in touch. I want to help

Hi there, yes I have used a Hydrocortisone cream on my girl dog for four years, she has always got it regularly but after 2 application's of hydrocortisone over 2 days, what a happier dog.

I wash her with emulsifying cream but am interested in what you use....???

Thanks, Rose

Hi this is Dee, My Border collie-Kelpie Jessie has had skin problems for the last few months and I use paw paw ointment which helps her itching and has helped her fur grow back as well, it's great stuff and also for burns which I used on my cats feet in the bushfires.

I have also been using Dermcar, Malaseb medicated shampoo for the last three weeks which was recommeded by the vet and also a friend that has used it. Sudocrem was also recommened by my neighbour which has cleared her dogs hair loss and itch problem.

What sort of plants, grasses, and weeds cause eczema on dogs? What can I use to treat that type of condition? eg, Aristocort.

Dogs have allergies, just like people. My sister had a very allergic dog who used cortisone creams prescribed by the vet

It will vary from dog to dog. One of my daughters dogs required a food change and that took care of it. Meanwhile her sisters dog has had to have medications, food changes and can't even go outdoors and it still remains. Depends on what they are allergic to.

You do need veterinary advice on this, and a vet would be able to tell you the most common allergens. I don't know Aristocort, but using steroids on a dog without having him checked out could be risky.

Anonymous

Thats all good no harm meant but my little pup had an adverse reaction from advocate flea treatment. One of the problems he suffered is itchy red ears his vet prescribed him isaderm gel and charged me two small squirts of it and I mean small for £15 to last 3 day it only lasted 2 days. When 3days past I returned to the vet for my pups check up his ears had cleared well but still needed more gel for 2 days more days I was given one small sqirt of get and charged another £15 so all in all I played £30 for 3 small sqirts of isaderm gel imagine if I needed it continually. I think its shocking, I've looked online and a whole tube is between £8 to £10 and for a larger tube for £15. I need to find another way of treating it I hope I can.