Divide Potted Plants

Since we live in a condo, our gardening is limited to potted plants. When I get a new plant, I always make at least 2, sometimes 3, pots out of it. I divide them and re-pot them with new soil. I always save old pots in my storage closet, so I don't have to spend money on new pots each time.

I love red begonias and I bought one a few weeks back which I was able to divide into 3 plants. All are flourishing, and you can't tell which pot had the original in it. This saves money and also keeps plants from becoming root bound so quickly.

By Marty from Houston, TX

Saving Money on Houseplants
Home and Garden Gardening Helpful HintsJune 20, 2011
Potted Plant
Protecting Furniture from Potted Plants
Two echinacea flowers
Dividing Perennials
Ant on a leaf.
Getting Rid of Ants in Outdoor Potted Plants
Photo of a potted plant.
Filler Ideas for Potted Plants