Browsing: Recycled Jeans Planters

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Recycled Jeans Planters

Recycling jeans sets the stage for many craft projects. This is a guide about recycled jeans planters.

Recycled Jeans Flower Pot
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 2, 2009 Flag

hanging jeans leg planterThis is a planter made from recycled jeans. Cut jeans leg to 18 inches. Machine sew top of leg. Hemmed bottom is going to be the top. I used grommets and rope to hang mine with, but you could also straps to make a handle. I lined mine with some water resistant material. Fill with potting soil and cut X's big enough for your plants. Continue to fill with soil and plants.

By Deborah from AL

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 22, 2015 Flag

I saw this project the other day, you just cut part of the leg off on old jeans, turn them inside out and stitch. I got that part, but forget how the square bottom was made. Can I see that project again?

By ShayShay from Moncton, N.B., Canada

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

In the search field type in: Recycled Jean planters

This will take you to the instructions. 

Here is the guide that has all our projects like that. I think it is the top one.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf68271027.tip.html

When you get your planters made, be sure to send us a picture.

May 16, 2008 Flag

Recycled Jeans PlanterJust a idea I had some time ago to dress up my old jeans. Fill up the legs with pipe and put some boots on. Put a potted plant in the top and put it than on a old stepladder.

By Sara from Australia

June 2, 2009 Flag

I would like directions to make planter/flower pot out of old blue jeans.

cookie1018 from Louisiana

Answers:

Blue Jeans Planter

Take 4 cups of water and 4 cups of sugar. Cook till water is clean let cool. Put into a pail and dunk your 24 months bib coverall into the pail. Then you take plastic bags and stuff with newspaper and put into the coveralls mold the shape you want. Then you let sit until stiff for 24 hours.

Spray with protective coating until water proofed, usually 6 coats will do. You can spray them with a black paint and then a gold spray paint and then rub off some of the gold to give it an antique look.

Couple of notes: some people use starch instead of sugar, and if you use sugar, be sure to water seal inside and out because the sugar will attract bugs.

BTW, I found this information by googling it and I think I'm going to try it myself too!
(02/21/2007)

By trishaj

October 12, 2006 Flag

How to make a flower planter out of overalls or old jeans?

Marilyn from Brighton, TN

Answers:

Making a Flower Planter From Overalls or Jeans

Hi, I make overall planters and the way I make them is really easy and inexpensive. They are completely waterproof. For more info. look at my website www.thehappyhorticulturist.com (09/08/2006)

By luvnaz

Crafts Garden & Yard PlantersApril 17, 2012
Broken terra cotta planter used to retain garden plant.
Reusing Terra Cotta Planters
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Jeans Apron
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:05:43 AM on 10.0.0.164 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.