- 1 pie crust, unbaked (9 inch)
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp. butter, cold
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup light molasses
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the pie crust and place in a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter and salt. Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, lightly, add the molasses and cold water. Blend but do not beat the batter, as you don't want bubble in it.
- In another small bowl, mix the hot water with the baking soda and blend into the molasses batter.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of the flour mixture and mix well. Pour into the pie shell and bake for 35 minutes. The pie will appear quivery but will firm up as it cools.
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely before cutting.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 5:27:50 PM on 10.0.1.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us