- 1 pie crust, unbaked (9 inch)
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp. butter, cold
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup light molasses
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the pie crust and place in a 9 inch pie pan.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar, butter and salt. Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, lightly, add the molasses and cold water. Blend but do not beat the batter, as you don't want bubble in it.
- In another small bowl, mix the hot water with the baking soda and blend into the molasses batter.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of the flour mixture and mix well. Pour into the pie shell and bake for 35 minutes. The pie will appear quivery but will firm up as it cools.
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely before cutting.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 20, 2017 at 10:06:37 AM on 10.0.2.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us