How Do I Make a Gazing Ball From a Bowling Ball?

How do you go about gazing a bowling ball?

By Ron from Inkom, ID

How about buying a can of metallic spray paint from one of the bigger hardware type stores. Not too expensive and the selections now are outstanding!

I made a gazing ball from a bowling ball by first cleaning the bowling ball thoroughly and allowing it to dry. I bought flat marbles and used an epoxy glue and began at the top of the ball and designed a circular pattern around the ball; place the bowling ball in a plastic bowl or plastic flower pot to secure it while glueing the marbles on it; when you get to the point of the middle portion of the ball, allow the glued marbles to dry at least 24-48 hours; after that period of time, turn the ball over and continue glueing the marbles on the bowling ball; after completion allow the gazing ball to dry thoroughly (approximately 2-3 days) before placing it in your garden or decor. I used a pretty plant stand to display my gazing ball.

Google: "Gazing balls from Bowling balls" as there should be quite a few ideas to choose from. I've made quite a few gazing balls using small scrap pieces of stained glass saved from other projects. I used the best brand of squeeze type clear caulk to glue them on. Being round your decorations tend to slide down the side of the ball so it's best if you do a section at a time and let it dry completely then turn the ball to work on the next section. You will need to use unsanded grout for outdoor use. One very important thing is to remember to bring your gazing ball in during the freezing temps of winter as the balls may split and all your hard work is wasted! :(

Mirrored Gazing Ball
Making a Gazing Ball
Crafts Recycled CraftsFebruary 8, 2011
Finding the Value of Conant Ball Furniture
Bright Green Bowling Ball
Crafts Using Bowling Balls
Bowling Ball and Pin Costume
Making a Bowling Ball Costume
Learning How to Bowl, Mother and Daughter at Bowling Alley
Learning How to Bowl