General AdviceConsumer Advice

Buying a Child's Bowling Ball

What is the lightest weight bowling ball you can buy for a child and where would you buy it at? My 5 year old grandson went bowling for the first time with his parents and he absolutely loved it! They used the balls that were available but they were heavy for him to lift and throw. I know ZERO about bowling.

He wants me to go bowling with him. So I would like to buy him his own light weight ball to use. Though I am clueless as to what the lightest weight ball I could buy for him would be or more importantly where I would buy it. I'm sure there are tons of people out there who know the answer to this bowling question and can help me. I hope so. Thanks in advance!

Julie

By Carole (Guest Post)

The lightest ball is a 6lb. ball. You can purchase them online, bowling alleys or even Sports Authority and other sports stores. My children love bowling. It is great family fun for all ages!

I don't know the lightest weight available but the only place to buy that sort of stuff in my town is at the shop in the bowling alley.

By Rachel Barratt (Guest Post)

In our local alleys they have a frame for the young children to use. The frame is in a shape of a slope.

You place the ball at the top and the child pushes the ball. The ball then runs down the slope and on to the alley. Sorry I can't remember what the frame is called.

By (Guest Post)

I worked at a bowling alley for 12 years. 6 pounds is the lightest. Most bowling alleys do sell bowling products and it is better to support them than some huge sporting goods chain. Besides, they are the ones who will drill it! Buying it somewhere else and then asking them to drill it would be like bringing your own food to a restaurant and asking them to cook it for you!