Making a Gazing Ball
Make a decorative gazing ball to add interest to your garden. This is a guide about making a gazing ball.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Have you ever wanted your own gazing ball to put in your yard? Well here's a much less expensive version.
- fish bowl
- 5 or 6 inch clay pot
- spray paint any color you want
- acrylic paint
- clay saucer big enough to put on top of fish bowl as in picture
- small clay pot like on top of saucer in picture
- Spray paint fish bowl and let dry.
- Paint the clay saucer and pots with acrylic paint, let dry, you can use any color you want. Seal really well as it is going to be outside.
- Assemble it as it looks in picture and enjoy.
By Sandy from Bluff City, TN
Here is DH idea for a recycled garden light. He took an old gazing ball and used it to cover an old Malibu light. It has a soft glow at night. Makes me smile to know it is recycled.
September 29, 20041 found this helpful
Soon the stores will be putting out their Christmas decorations for sale. You need to find the huge balls they sell to decorate the outside of your house or trees. Take a length of copper tubing and wrap around the Christmas ball leaving enough for a part of it to sink into the ground. Beautiful gazing balls for your yard at a fraction of the cost of one. Makes a great gift for a gardener also.
By Debra in CO