Discouraging Cats from Catching Mice

My cat brought a live mouse in the house in the middle of the night. How can I discourage this activity, aside from screeching?

By Fromm from Jersey Shore

Cats are born and bred to hunt mice. This is how they saved Egypt from famines & plague!

Keeping your cat indoors will help, that is unless you have indoor mice!

Cats bring the mice in for 2 reasons

1) to play with them and

2) to bring them to you because they love you and want to bring you a special "prize". So never get angry with your cat for showing you his love!

We just scoop them up into a shoe box when kitty isn't looking and dump the poor things out in the very back yard where he can't find them.

My cat has brought in many mice, rabbits, several baby moles, birds and even 2 snakes!

* Be sure your cat is vaccinated so he won't get rabies!

Rule one of life; cats catch mice. It is their natural food. You can't train a robin to not eat worms can you? Even though a well fed cat won't eat mice, they love to catch them.

Hello. Cats are natural born hunters. They hunt for several reasons, one of which is food. They rarely eat mice but they bring them to you so you can be proud of them.

Yep, telling a cat not to catch mice is like telling a salmon not to swim upstream to spawn!

Keep him/her inside.

That's so cute! But I'm glad my cat hasn't brought a mouse inside yet. However, living in Florida, I do find lizard corpses from time to time, so I think she brings lizards in. This is like cat heaven. So many critters to chase. I try to make her leave the little lizards alone because they eat bugs which is helpful also.

Pets CatsApril 6, 2010
Felt Mouse
Making Felt or Fabric Mice
A mouse on the counter.
Mice Repellent Recipes
cat outside
Discouraging Cats from Spraying the Outside of a House
🎄
🍂