Chewing Gum While on Atkins Diet

Can I chew sugar-free gum on the Atkins diet?

RJW from Staenville, GA

Yes, you can. Each piece has about 2 carbs so be careful with how many pieces you have.

Go to your local library! I have checked out 3 books on the Atkins program--and they still have more on the shelves! They even have Cookbooks! How are you doing so far on it? I have just started.....been on the program before and lost 30 lbs. in 3 months! Hopefully it will be that successful this time around! Good luck to you!

I cut my sticks of gum in half. Half the expense, half the carbs, lasts twice as long. It may not be much, but I am trying to be as conscientious and frugal as possible!

Absolutely, that's what it's for. Although regular chewing gum doesn't have much sugar when you consider how small each piece is. The best thing I have found is in the cordial aisle - not sure if you can get Diet-Rite cordials there, but they have less than one gram of carb per drink when made up. Check the labels and be careful of the so-called sugar substitutes. Most of them are full of carbs and no better for you than sugar. Sugarine is a good brand, and available in a convenient liquid.

Sugar-free gum is fine when counting carbs, just remember that not all sugar-free foods are low carb. Always check your labels for carbs per serving.

Good luck!

Atkins Diet Chicken Breast Meal
Using the Atkins Diet Plan
Health & Beauty Weight LossJanuary 29, 2009
Squirrel Chewing
Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring
young boy blowing huge bubble
Removing Gum From Carpet
A couch chewed on by a dog.
Keeping Dogs from Chewing on Furniture
unwrapped gum on top of several foil wrapped pieces
Uses for Chewing Gum