Horse Chestnut Tree Dying

We have a tree at the bottom of the garden which is dying. I was wondering if there was any way to prolong its life. I need advice/guidance.

By Hugh R

Closeup photo of rotting horse chestnut tree

Looks like it is rotting in that hole on the inside of it. Sometimes insects are inside eating away. You need to check that out and see if that is the case and maybe be able to treat for that. That ouside looks like raw wood the bark is missing and that part needs to be protected. Any paint or spray paint works best. Just spray paint on the raw part of the bark to sealed that up. I hope this helps you.

I have saw trees that have cement put in the place where the tree was dying. Could try this.

Home and Garden Gardening Trees Tree HealthJuly 4, 2011
cast iron pot of soup with chestnuts scattered about
Cream of Chestnut Soup Recipes
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Mare and Foal in a Corral
Saving Money on Horse Boarding
Rocking Horse
Recycled Rocking Horse Craft Ideas