Making Useful Items From Tree Limbs

Tree limbs can be reused in craft and garden projects. This is a guide about making useful items from tree limbs.

April 13, 2010 Flag

I've had a lot of bushes in the yard for years. I wanted to re-landscape some parts so the bushes had to go. Other trees/branches can be used as well. The limbs of this bush are very soft and can be milled into useful items to use around the house and studio. I didn't want to throw them all away, so I saved several pieces to use in later projects.

Approximate Time: 1-2 hours

Instructions:

1. Select the largest branches to be used as pencil and salt and pepper holders.
  2. I have let them dry for a few months and would recommend that step to prevent severe cracking.
  3. When dry, the branch or limb can be trimmed with power tools. I used a table saw and band saw to flatten one or two sides of the limb, and to then cut it off to the size I wanted.
  4. Ad

5. Drill holes in one of the flat sides with a forstner bit, and or round drill bits of the size desired.
  6. Articles made can be stained, if wanted, and painted. It's up to you.
  7. Place in use as salt and pepper shaker holder and pen and pencil holder.
  8. Related Content(article continues below)
    CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Read 6 Comments
Crafts NatureDecember 15, 2016
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Crafts Using Tree Branches
Crafts Using Tree Branches
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 7, 2017 at 6:45:23 AM on 10.0.1.5 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.