Crafts Using Tree Branches

Category Woodworking
Whether fresh or dry, branches and twigs are a thrifty supply to create a variety of things. This page is about crafts using tree branches.

This is a page about making useful items from tree limbs. Tree limbs can be reused in craft and garden projects.

Limb pen holder.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 2

This is a page about making a money tree. A money tree is a nice gift for certain occasions.

Photo of a money tree.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a page about painting a branch for home decor. You will be pleasantly surprised how nice a painted branch can look when used as part of your home decor.

Gold Painted Branch As Home Decor

This is a page about Halloween bat branches. For an inexpensive holiday display, decorate tree branches with glittery bats and cobwebs.

Halloween Bat Branches

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Using very dry branches, wire, glue and coco fiber mat, I made these two chairs for decorative effect. On the wall behind the one chair with orange flowers on it is a twig trellis on the wall. Twig art is fun as long as you remember to have dry wood to work with.

By Carol from Aurora. IL

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a branch that is cut and then cracked in two. Where it is cracked in two, I put duct tape on the top. It will hold clothes. They would really be pretty if they were all covered in duct tape rather than just the top.

I have a project this month of recycling all that is left over after getting rid of the extra maple branches on our maple tree. It is too close to the electric line.

We have made a chime out of one of them, and now we have made a clothespin out of some of the smaller ones.

We stuck them in the rooster gate to keep him from jumping out over the fence at mother. :)

With many people pruning at this time of year I thought I'd come up with some useful things to do with the pruned twigs and branches. Today a neighbor gave me several large bundles of long supple apple tree branches.

Pretty soon it will be time to clean up what Old Man Winter left behind. I have raspberries and, come every spring, winter has left me broken branches, I'm sure the birds also help in the process.

Can I use fallen pine tree limbs for crafts? I wanted to create a Christmas tree craft and want to know if I will have to contend with sap drip or allergen issues inside the home. I have abundant SW Florida pines on my property.

Answers

I have never had an issue with allergic reaction to pine boughs, nor have I had a sap-drip problem. You may want to spray the needles with hairspray/sealer of a clear nature to prevent them falling due to the warmth inside your home.

Thank you for the excellent tip. I will try it out :)

i have read about all kinds of answers but the main consenses is to wait until the sap stops flowing on its own .... or some woodworkers will heat the wood to dry it up .. but i do not think i would like to put this in my oven ....

Pine is often used in crafts, so there really can't be too much of a problem. Working with seasoned wood will avoid the sap problem. there are lots of uses for pine. Check out

survivalsherpa.wordpress.com/.../ for some interesting and sensible ideas.

What can I craft from tree branch slices?

By Shirley from LA

Answers

Here is a great site for ideas! Good Luck!

craftingagreenworld.com/.../

Depends how big around the slices are what u can make with them. If they are small , drill holes for peg legs and make doll furniture like stools, chairs, tables. If larger, make human sized footstools or side tables using the same idea but studier legs. If they are thickish, glue a pretty ceramic tile to one for a trivet.

Note: you may want to router or have someone do it for you around the center in square the size of the tile so it will be recessed in the slice. Seal wood with some sealer before putting in the tile for a neater look.

I have some tree branches I cut down and want to know what I can make with them. I have Cub Scouts and want to make some boy related stuff.

By Tessa from Las Vegas, NV

Answers

How about picture frames if the branches are small enough?

If your branches are 1 inch diameter or larger, you can cut rounds or ovals for tie-slides. Cut the rounds/ovals, give the boys sand paper or sanding blocks to sand them smooth. Decorate with whatever your theme of the month is, and hot glue them to 3/4 inch pvc pipe sections.

I recently cut off a large branch from my tree. The branch is about 3/4ft high. I would like to use it as a decoration for Christmas.

What is the best way to support it? A board or pot? Do you have any suggestions please?

Answers

We use a large branch of a healthy tree (eucalyptus, fir, pine etc.) as a "holiday tree". We hang the branch on a wall slanting downward as it would be if still on the tree. We love birds so have many types of bird baubles-little nests with babies, small realistic birds, crochet and cross stitch birds, my naturalist husband's photos, etc. Add clear lights only.
This is mainly for our grandkids and guests when visiting.

We celebrate the day mainly as a winter's festival break from the cold and dark season.

Using a speedbor bit on a fallen branch you can make a tea light holder for your table or fireplace. The project below will show you how.

Broken Tree Branch Tea Light Holder - tree branch with 4 spaces

Whether you happen upon a neat branch that has fallen from a tree or chose to remove one from a tree in your yard, it is easy to turn it into a handy walking stick.

Dick Larson's Walking Sticks

This is a page about making a garden witch from twigs. This cute Halloween witch is made from twigs you can collect from your garden or neighborhood.

witch inside

This is a page about making a willow wreath. If you or a neighbor have a willow tree you can make your own willow branch wreath.

A willow wreath in process.

Load More

Crafts WoodworkingJune 10, 2012
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Crafts-Using-Tree-Branches.html