Making Useful Items From Tree Limbs

I've had a lot of bushes in the yard for years. I wanted to re-landscape some parts so the bushes had to go. Other trees/branches can be used as well. The limbs of this bush are very soft and can be milled into useful items to use around the house and studio. I didn't want to throw them all away, so I saved several pieces to use in later projects.

Approximate Time: 1-2 hours

Instructions:

1. Select the largest branches to be used as pencil and salt and pepper holders.
  2. I have let them dry for a few months and would recommend that step to prevent severe cracking.
  3. When dry, the branch or limb can be trimmed with power tools. I used a table saw and band saw to flatten one or two sides of the limb, and to then cut it off to the size I wanted.
  4. Drill holes in one of the flat sides with a forstner bit, and or round drill bits of the size desired.
  5. Advertisement

6. Articles made can be stained, if wanted, and painted. It's up to you.
  7. Place in use as salt and pepper shaker holder and pen and pencil holder.
  8. Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? 4

Crafts NatureDecember 15, 2016
🐰
🍀
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf68723043.tip.html