Using Pine Limbs in Crafts

Can I use fallen pine tree limbs for crafts? I wanted to create a Christmas tree craft and want to know if I will have to contend with sap drip or allergen issues inside the home. I have abundant SW Florida pines on my property.

I have never had an issue with allergic reaction to pine boughs, nor have I had a sap-drip problem. You may want to spray the needles with hairspray/sealer of a clear nature to prevent them falling due to the warmth inside your home.

Thank you for the excellent tip. I will try it out :)

i have read about all kinds of answers but the main consenses is to wait until the sap stops flowing on its own .... or some woodworkers will heat the wood to dry it up .. but i do not think i would like to put this in my oven ....

Thank you for the reply! These limbs are not sappy, but I was told they could produce even though they are dry.

I wouldn't want them in my oven either :)

Pine is often used in crafts, so there really can't be too much of a problem. Working with seasoned wood will avoid the sap problem. there are lots of uses for pine. Check out
survivalsherpa.wordpress.com/.../ for some interesting and sensible ideas.

Thank you, these are dry limbs and I feel confident now that I have had some great replies. I plan on making an alternate Christmas tree craft with large cut
limbs similar to the one below http://img.thrf  tmas20tree_m.jpg

place on parchment or foil covered cookie sheet or large pan, bake in 200 degree oven for 30 minutes. This is supposed to remove the sap plus kill and critters.

Thank you for the tip :)

Spray some clear-coat on them, let dry well, and you should have no problem with any type of leakage.