Stretching Virgin Olive Oil with Canola Oil

Virgin olive oil is so expensive, however it does provide an extra olive taste, which is so nice in certain recipes. Being on a budget and not wanting to sacrifice taste, I have mixed 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil to 2/3 cup Canola oil. It tastes great, and is much more economical. I recently read that using olive oil all the time, isn't as good for you as a variety of heart healthy oils. I was pleased to know I was already doing that.

Great idea, Bobbie! Canola and olive oil are both good for you and mixing the two helps drop the cost a lot from using just straight olive oil.

Olive Oil
Saving Money on Olive Oil
Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingSeptember 24, 2007
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
cooking oil
Stretching Butter With Oil
oil lamp on white background
Using Olive Oil as Fuel for Oil Lamps
Olive Oil
Health and Nutritional Benefits of Olive Oil
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 17, 2016 at 10:31:18 PM on in 968 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.